You spill some sugar and forget to clean it up. What do you see the next day? There’s an army of ants carrying the tiny cubes to their nest. Your immediate reaction will be to kill the ants with a strong chemical infused pesticides. However, that does not just get rid of the ants, it also has negative health impacts on humans and pets at home.
There are human health-friendly alternatives to these pesticides which are equally effective to get rid of these tiny nuisance creating insects. Following are some Best Pest Control Sydney measures that can be made at home.
- Detergent and water: Mix one part detergent with two-part water and your homemade ant pesticide is ready for use. Pour it into a spray can and when you see these tiny creatures around just spray it to instantly kill the ants. This also works on other pests like cockroaches.
- White Vinegar and water: Another way of killing ants is using white vinegar. Mix equal part of vinegar and water in a spray can to make your own cheap environment-friendly pesticide. If you see one or an army of ant just one spray and it will get rid of the ants. You can also use this solution as ant repellent and spray it on the probable entrances of the ants.
- Lemon juice solution: Mix one part lemon juice with three-part water, shake it well and your ant killing solution is ready to use. Pour the content in a spray can and now you are ready to Professional Pest Control Service down some ants. Citric acid contained in the lemon also acts as a repellent and spraying it around your home will prevent the ants from invading your house.
- If you have boric acid lying around in your home than it can be a great natural pesticide. When ants consume the boric acid, it poisons their stomach and kills them instantly. Just sprinkle boric acid around the places where ants are often seen like the windowsills. But be careful to keep this acid away from the reach of children and pets as it causes various problems when consumed. Also, don’t use the acid around the kitchen or food sources.
- Use of diatomaceous earth: This is another effective method of getting rid of any kind of insects. Also, it is not harmful to either humans or pets. It is powdered fossilized diatoms and when insects step on the powder it scratches the exoskeletons which leads to the drying of their bodies. Sprinkle around ant prone areas or around the house. Make sure to use a mask while using it. It doesn’t work when it is wet but after drying it is quite effective.
- You can just use natural repellents to get rid of ants and preventing them from entering your home altogether. Cloves, mint, chili flakes, pepper, garlic, cinnamon, and coffee ground are some of them. Sprinkling any of these around the house and where ant appear the most can help keep ants away.